ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
By subscribing to, or utilizing, AXSpace.com
web hosting or any related services (AXSpace.com and AXSpace.co.uk are websites working under MogTex Ltd.), you
agree to abide by this Acceptable Use
Policy. Your utilization of AXSpace.com's
services constitutes your express agreement
to abide by this Acceptable Use Policy the
Rules, as the same may be changed from
time-to-time by AXSpace.com, at its sole and
absolute discretion. These Rules are
designed to enhance the quality of our Web
Hosting services and to protect our
customers, and the Internet community as a
whole, from illegal, irresponsible, or
disruptive Internet activities. These Rules
apply to all customers of AXSpace.com. We
hope and expect that common sense and good
judgment will guide all of our customers'
use of our AXSpace.com Services. Even with
such Rules in effect, minors should be
supervised when using the Internet. Adults
and minors should be aware of what is on the
Internet and to understand the concept of
what is accepted and what should be avoided.
The following non-exhaustive list details
the kinds of illegal or harmful conduct,
which are prohibited. AXSpace.com reserves
the right to restrict or prohibit any and
all uses of its services or content on your
Web site and to remove such materials,
including your website, from its servers at
any time AXSpace.com determines in its sole
discretion that such content or materials
violates this Agreement, is illegal, or is
harmful to its servers, systems, network,
reputation, good will, other AXSpace.com
customers, or any third party. Depending on
the severity of the violation and the
history of your account, AXSpace.com may
take any reasonable disciplinary action it
determines in its sole and absolute
discretion, including, but not limited to,
one or more of the foregoing or following
actions: (a) issuance of a verbal or written
warning; (b) suspension of your account; (c)
termination of your account. All of the
foregoing rights are cumulative, and the
exercise of any right at any time shall not
preclude the exercise of any other right, or
the same right, at any other time for the
same violation or any subsequent violation.
Illegal or Improper Activities:
You may not use AXSpace.com’s services in
any manner in violation of any applicable
local or national law of any country. Such
violations and activities include, but are
not limited to, violations of applicable
foreign export laws or restrictions and
accompanying regulations, posting or
trafficking in government secrets, providing
any information to in any way assist or
encourage any terrorist activities,
providing any information concerning nuclear
or biological weapons or other weapons of
mass destruction, posting or trafficking in
obscene material, solicitation of a minor or
others for illegal acts, dealing drugs,
harassment, fraud, stalking, abuse, or other
subject matters that are prohibited under
applicable local or foreign law.
You may not use AXSpace.com's services to
post or disseminate in any manner, any
information or material which may be
dangerous, damaging or injurious to persons
or property or which, directly or
indirectly, may be used to create danger,
damage or injury to persons or property.
You may not use AXSpace.com's services in
any manner which infringes the intellectual
property rights or other proprietary rights
of any third party including, without
limitation, material protected by copyright,
trademark, patent, trade secret, or other
intellectual property right used without
proper authorization. Infringement may
result from, among other activities, the
unauthorized copying and posting of
pictures, logos, software, articles, musical
works, and videos.
You may not offer or disseminate fraudulent
goods, services, schemes, or promotions
(i.e., make money fast schemes, chain
letters, pyramid schemes, ponzi schemes), or
furnish false data on any signup form,
contract or online application or
registration, or fraudulently use any
information obtained through the use of
AXSpace.com's servers or services, including
without limitation use of credit card
Offensive Subject Matter:
You may not use AXSpace.com's services for
transmitting, disseminating, sale, storage
or hosting subject matter that is unlawful,
libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic,
indecent, lewd, filthy, excessively violent,
harassing, threatening, hateful, harmful,
invasive of privacy or publicity rights,
abusive, inflammatory or otherwise
objectionable. You may not use AXSpace.com's
services to conduct any sexually oriented
business or disseminate pornographic
pictures, videos, banners, text or any
similar material. You may not use
AXSpace.com's services to threaten bodily
harm or destruction of property.
You may not use AXSpace.com's services for
disseminating or hosting harmful content
including, without limitation, viruses,
Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots
or any other computer programming routines
that may damage, interfere with,
surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any
system, program, data or personal
You may not use AXSpace.com's services for
any tortuous conduct, including, but not limited
to, posting defamatory, libelous,
slanderous, scandalous, or private
information about a person or company
without their consent; intentionally
inflicting emotional distress; making
unlawful threats; stalking, interfering with
any contract or prospective economic
relations; engaging in fraud or deception;
engaging in sexual or other harassment; or
for violating any patents, trademarks,
copyrights, or other intellectual property
You may not use AXSpace.com's services for
any abusive activities on the Internet,
including, but not limited to, activities
such as using a non-existent email return
address, spamming sending unsolicited
advertising to numerous email addresses or
newsgroups and/or generating a significantly
higher volume of outgoing email than a
normal user, or allowing spamming by third
parties to promote a website, trolling
posting outrageous messages to generate
numerous responses, mail-bombing sending
multiple messages without significant new
content to the same user, subscribing
someone else to a mailing list without that
person's permission, cross-posting articles
to an excessive number of newsgroups,
hacking unauthorized access to or use of
data, systems, server or networks, including
any attempt to probe, scan or test the
vulnerability of a system or to breach the
security thereof, spoofing any attempt to
impersonate any person or otherwise deceive
or mislead through alteration of headers;
deletion of author attributions, legal
notices, or proprietary designations in an
effort to deceive or mislead; forging or
altering any TCP-IP packet header, email
header or any part of a message header,
using manual or electronic means to avoid
any use limitations on you use of
AXSpace.com's servers such as timing out;
sending or disseminating harassing email or
chain letters; or use of flames hostile
attacks or invectives aimed at a group or an
In general, transmission, storage, or
presentation of any information, data or
material in violation of any UK law is
prohibited. This includes, but is not
limited to: copyrighted material, material
we judge to be threatening or obscene, or
material protected by trade secret and other
statute. The subscriber agrees to indemnify
and hold harmless AMS from any claims
resulting from the use of the service which
damages the subscriber and any other party.
Also prohibited are sites that promote any
illegal activity or present content that may
be damaging our servers or any other server
on the internet. Links to such materials are
also prohibited. Examples of unacceptable
content or links: Pirated software hacker
programs or archives, warez sites, any Site
that consumes more then 10% of system
resources for a long period of time.
Spamming, or sending of unsolicited e-mail,
from any of our servers or using an e-mail
address or domain that is maintained on our
server machine as reference is Strictly
prohibited. AXSpace.com will be the sole
arbiter as to what constitutes a violation
of this provision.
All account come with a predetermined amount
of bandwidth. We will suspend any accounts
exceed their allowed bandwidth and send them
a notification e-mail. However customers can
buy 5 gig extra bandwidth for each month and
their accounts will be resumed. Suspended
accounts due to exceed bandwidth usage will
be resumed the next month when their
bandwidth usage renewed.
Programs running in background:
We do not install or allow any programs
required to run through root access on the
servers. Most scripts can be run through the
users own account and does not require root
Internet Rely Chatting:
We cannot allow IRC or IRC BOTS to be
operated on our servers at the moment, so we
have blocked all ports for IRC through our
Misuse of System Resources:
Any attempt to undermine or cause harm to a
server or customers of AXSpace.com is
strictly prohibited. Leeching (due to
overloading servers and damaging hard drives
and negatively affects other clients) and
sites that are dedicated to file
distribution (e.g. file sharing programs)
are also not permitted. Any web site found
to contain any of these violations will be
suspended and the owner will be wanted to
remove the contents from servers.
Any customer should backup his/her site. We
do not backup sites of customers of free
accounts. We also do not backup sites of
paid customers unless they have bought our
backup service. However, we recommend that
you backup your site as often as you see fit
just in case there is some sort of
corruption in our backup servers and we
cannot retrieve the information properly.
AXSpace.com will not be responsible for any
Refusal of Service:
We reserve the right to refuse, cancel, or
suspend service at our sole discretion.
We do not send out invoices automatically.
Our paid client would be active for a term
of 1 year. We will NOT renew your account
automatically; we just send you reminder
e-mails. We will suspend any account after
its finish date unless you wanted us to
renew your account. All extra features (such
as extra bandwidth or extra MySQL and so on)
will be terminated if a paid account
It is your responsibility to ensure that you
have sufficient credit to cover this
transaction. In the event that there is
insufficient credit, as a courtesy we will
send an e-mail notification at which point
we will need to be provided with another
credit card within 48 hours. If we do not
receive a response within 48 hours the
account will be automatically suspended.
Any account deactivated due to non-payment
must contact the accounting department to
reactivate it. We cannot guarantee that your
account will be activated or that the data
will be fully intact for overdue accounts.
Cancellations can be sent to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure
keep the ticket ID that is sent to you in
the auto responder for future reference.
Limitation of Liability:
AXSpace.com shall not be responsible for any
claimed damages, including incidental or
consequential damages, which may arise from
AXSpace.com servers going off-line or being
unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
Furthermore, AXSpace.com shall not be
responsible for any claimed damages,
including incidental or consequential
damages, resulting from any corruption or
deletion of any web site from one of our
servers. All damages shall be limited to the
immediate termination of service.
AXSpace.com is not responsible for the
client's web contents.
Violations of these acceptable user Policies
should be referred to AXSpace.com. All
complaints will be investigated promptly.
Failure to follow any term or condition will
be grounds for immediate account
AXSpace.com cannot be held liable for system
downtime, crashes, or data loss. We cannot
be held liable for any predicted estimate of
profits in which a client would have gained
if their site was functioning. Thus, certain
equipment, routing, software, and
programming used by AXSpace.com are not
directly owned and written by AXSpace.com.
Moreover, AXSpace.com holds no
responsibility for the use of our clients
accounts. If any terms or conditions are
failed to be followed, the account in
question will be automatically deactivated.
We reserve the right to remove any account
without advanced notice for any reason
without restitution as AXSpace.com sees fit.
Notice: If you sign up for an account and do
not follow our terms, no refunds will be
given. We will however let you know by
e-mail or phone before any action is taken
place and you will have a chance to solve
Furthermore: AXSpace.com retains the right
to change any or all of the above Policies,
Guidelines, and Disclaimers without
30 Day Money Back Guarantee/Refunds:
Customers may cancel at any time with seding a cancellation request to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. AXSpace gives you an unconditional 30 day money back guarantee on managed shared hosting for any customer.
There are no refunds on domain name purchases. Refund requests for shared accounts after the initial 30 days will be refunded.
Information Security Policy
This Policy Document encompasses all aspects of security surrounding confidential company information and must be distributed to all company employees. All company employees must read this document in its entirety and sign the form confirming they have read and understand this policy fully. This document will be reviewed and updated by Management on an annual basis or when relevant to include newly developed security standards into the policy and distribute it all employees and contracts as applicable.
AXSpace (MogTex Ltd) handles sensitive cardholder information daily. Sensitive Information must have adequate safeguards in place to protect them, to protect cardholder privacy, to ensure compliance with various regulations and to guard the future of the organisation.
AXSpace (MogTex Ltd) commits to respecting the privacy of all its customers and to protecting any data about customers from outside parties. To this end management are committed to maintaining a secure environment in which to process cardholder information so that we can meet these promises.
Employees handling Sensitive cardholder data should ensure
- Handle Company and cardholder information in a manner that fits with their sensitivity;
- Limit personal use of AXSpace (MogTex Ltd) information and telecommunication systems and ensure it doesn’t interfere with your job performance;
- AXSpace (MogTex Ltd) reserves the right to monitor, access, review, audit, copy, store, or delete any electronic communications, equipment, systems and network traffic for any purpose;
- Do not use e-mail, internet and other Company resources to engage in any action that is offensive, threatening, discriminatory, defamatory, slanderous, pornographic, obscene, harassing or illegal;
- Do not disclose personnel information unless authorised;
- Protect sensitive cardholder information;
- Keep passwords and accounts secure;
- Request approval from management prior to establishing any new software or hardware, third party connections, etc.;
- Do not install unauthorised software or hardware, including modems and wireless access unless you have explicit management approval;
- Always leave desks clear of sensitive cardholder data and lock computer screens when unattended;
- Information security incidents must be reported, without delay, to the individual responsible for incident response locally – Please find out who this is.
We each have a responsibility for ensuring our company’s systems and data are protected from unauthorised access and improper use. If you are unclear about any of the policies detailed herein you should seek advice and guidance from your line manager.
The Management’s intentions for publishing an Acceptable Use Policy are not to impose restrictions that are contrary to the company’s established culture of openness, trust and integrity. Management is committed to protecting the employees, partners and AXSpace (MogTex Ltd) from illegal or damaging actions by individuals, either knowingly or unknowingly. The company will maintain an approved list of technologies and devices and personnel with access to such devices as detailed in Appendix B
- Employees are responsible for exercising good judgment regarding the reasonableness of personal use.
- Employees should take all necessary steps to prevent unauthorized access to confidential data which includes card holder data.
- Keep passwords secure and do not share accounts. Authorized users are responsible for the security of their passwords and accounts.
- All PCs, laptops and workstations should be secured with a password-protected screensaver with the automatic activation feature.
- All POS and PIN entry devices should be appropriately protected and secured so they cannot be tampered or altered.
- Because information contained on portable computers is especially vulnerable, special care should be exercised.
- Postings by employees from a Company email address to newsgroups should contain a disclaimer stating that the opinions expressed are strictly their own and not necessarily those of the company, unless posting is in the course of business duties.
- Employees must use extreme caution when opening e-mail attachments received from unknown senders, which may contain viruses, e-mail bombs, or Trojan horse code.
Violation of the standards, policies and procedures presented in this document by an employee will result in disciplinary action, from warnings or reprimands up to and including termination of employment. Claims of ignorance, good intentions or using poor judgment will not be used as excuses for non compliance.
All sensitive cardholder data stored and handled by AXSpace (MogTex Ltd) and its employees must be securely protected against unauthorised use at all times. Any sensitive card data that is no longer required by AXSpace (MogTex Ltd) for business reasons must be discarded in a secure and irrecoverable manner.
It is strictly prohibited to store:
- The contents of the payment card magnetic stripe (track data) on any media whatsoever.
- The CVV/CVC (the 3 or 4 digit number on the signature panel on the reverse of the payment card) on any media whatsoever.
- The PIN or the encrypted PIN Block under any circumstance
Data and media containing data must always be labelled to indicate sensitivity level:
- Confidential data might include information assets for which there are legal requirements for preventing disclosure or financial penalties for disclosure, or data that would cause severe damage to AXSpace (MogTex Ltd) if disclosed or modified. Confidential data includes cardholder data.
- Internal Use data might include information that the data owner feels should be protected to prevent unauthorized disclosure;
- Public data is information that may be freely disseminated.
All Access to sensitive cardholder should be controlled and authorised. Any Job functions that require access to cardholder data should be clearly defined.
- Any display of the card holder should be restricted at a minimum of the first 6 and the last 4 digits of the cardholder data.
- Access to sensitive cardholder information such as PAN’s, personal information and business data is restricted to employees that have a legitimate need to view such information.
- No other employees should have access to this confidential data unless they have a genuine business need.
- If cardholder data is shared with a Service Provider (3rd party) then a list of such Service Providers will be maintained as detailed in Appendix B.
- AXSpace (MogTex Ltd) will ensure a written agreement that includes an acknowledgement is in place that the Service Provider will be responsible for the for the cardholder data that the Service Provider possess.
- AXSpace (MogTex Ltd) will ensure that a there is an established process including proper due diligence is in place before engaging with a Service provider.
- AXSpace (MogTex Ltd) will have a process in place to monitor the PCI DSS compliance status of the Service provider.
Access to sensitive information in both hard and soft media format must be physically restricted to prevent unauthorised individuals from obtaining sensitive data.
- Media is defined as any printed or handwritten paper, received faxes, floppy disks, back-up tapes, computer hard drive, etc.
- Media containing sensitive cardholder information must be handled and distributed in a secure manner by trusted individuals.
- Visitors must always be escorted by a trusted employee when in areas that hold sensitive cardholder information.
- Procedures must be in place to help all personnel easily distinguish between employees and visitors, especially in areas where cardholder data is accessible. “Employee” refers to full-time and part-time employees, temporary employees and personnel, and consultants who are “resident” on AXSpace (MogTex Ltd) sites. A “visitor” is defined as a vendor, guest of an employee, service personnel, or anyone who needs to enter the premises for a short duration, usually not more than one day.
- All computer that store sensitive cardholder data must have a password protected screensaver enabled to prevent unauthorised use.
All sensitive cardholder data must be protected securely if it is to be transported physically or electronically.
- Card holder data (PAN, track data etc) must never be sent over the internet via email, instant chat or any other end user technologies.
- If there is a business justification to send cardholder data via email then it should be done after authorization and by using a strong encryption mechanism (i.e. – AES encryption, PGP encryption).
- The transportation of media containing sensitive cardholder data to another location must be authorised by management, logged and inventoried before leaving the premises. Only secure courier services may be used for the transportation of such media. The status of the shipment should be monitored until it has been delivered to its new location.
- All data must be securely disposed of when no longer required by the company, regardless of the media or application type on which it is stored.
- An automatic process must exist to permanently delete on-line data, when no longer required.
- All hard copies of cardholder data must be manually destroyed as when no longer required for valid and justified business reasons. A quarterly process must be in place to confirm that all non-electronic cardholder data has been appropriately disposed of in a timely manner.
- AXSpace (MogTex Ltd) will have procedures for the destruction of hardcopy (paper) materials. These will require that all hardcopy materials are crosscut shredded, incinerated or pulped so they cannot be reconstructed.
- The Company will have documented procedures for the destruction of electronic media. These will require:
- All cardholder data on electronic media must be rendered unrecoverable when deleted e.g. through degaussing or electronically wiped using military grade secure deletion processes or the physical destruction of the media;
- If secure wipe programs are used, the process must define the industry accepted standards followed for secure deletion.
- All cardholder information awaiting destruction must be held in lockable storage containers clearly marked “To Be Shredded” - access to these containers must be restricted.
The policies and procedures outlined below must be incorporated into company practice to maintain a high level of security awareness. The protection of sensitive data demands regular training of all employees and contractors.
- Review handling procedures for sensitive information and hold periodic security awareness meetings to incorporate these procedures into day to day company practice.
- Distribute this security policy document to all company employees to read. It is required that all employees confirm that they understand the content of this security policy document by signing an acknowledgement form (see Appendix A)
- All employees that handle sensitive information will undergo background checks (such as criminal and credit record checks, within the limits of the local law) before they commence their employment with the company.
- All third parties with access to credit card account numbers are contractually obligated to comply with card association security standards (PCI/DSS).
- Company security policies must be reviewed annually and updated as needed.
Employees of AXSpace (MogTex Ltd) will be expected to report to the security officer for any security related issues. The role of the security officer is to effectively communicate all security policies and procedures to employees within AXSpace (MogTex Ltd) and contractors. In addition to this, the security officer will oversee the scheduling of security training sessions, monitor and enforce the security policies outlined in both this document and at the training sessions and finally, oversee the implantation of the incident response plan in the event of a sensitive data compromise.
Incident Response Plan
- In the event of a suspected security breach, alert the information security officer or your line manager immediately.
- The security officer will carry out an initial investigation of the suspected security breach.
- Upon confirmation that a security breach has occurred, the security officer will alert management and begin informing all relevant parties that may be affected by the compromise.
If the data security compromise involves credit card account numbers, implement the following procedure:
- Shut down any systems or processes involved in the breach to limit the extent, and prevent further exposure.
- Alert all affected parties and authorities such as the Merchant Bank (your Bank), Visa Fraud Control, and the law enforcement.
- Provide details of all compromised or potentially compromised card numbers to Visa Fraud Control within 24 hrs.
- For more Information visit: http://usa.visa.com/business/accepting_visa/ops_risk_management/cisp_if_ compromised.html
– Agreement to Comply Form – Agreement to Comply With Information Security Policies
I agree to take all reasonable precautions to assure that company internal information, or information that has been entrusted to AXSpace (MogTex Ltd) by third parties such as customers, will not be disclosed to unauthorised persons. At the end of my employment or contract with the company, I agree to return all information to which I have had access as a result of my position. I understand that I am not authorised to use sensitive information for my own purposes, nor am I at liberty to provide this information to third parties without the express written consent of the internal manager who is the designated information owner.
I have access to a copy of the Information Security Policies, I have read and understand these policies, and I understand how it impacts my job. As a condition of continued employment, I agree to abide by the policies and other requirements found in AXSpace (MogTex Ltd) security policy. I understand that non-compliance will be cause for disciplinary action up to and including dismissal, and perhaps criminal and/or civil penalties.
I also agree to promptly report all violations or suspected violations of information security policies to the designated security officer.